Research in this area is focused on the origin, maintenance and demise of plant biodiversity, from sequences and genomes to populations, species and their interactions. The group possesses strengths in systematics, the evolution and population genetics of plant sexual systems, in molecular evolution of sex chromosomes and species divergence, and in the ecology of plant-animal interactions.
- Grassland/forest biodiversity - Prof Andrew Hector
- Landscape ecology - Dr Tonya Lander
- Reproduction genetics/evolution - Prof Simon Hiscock
- Sexual evolution - Dr Dmitry Filatov
- Systematics - Dr Robert Scotland
- Systematics & conservation - Dr Stephen Harris